Re: Families and Alfas

At Wed, 01 Dec 1999 20:16:39 -0800 Nizam Zambri wrote
>Maybe it's my upbringing, but I don't see any obvious reasons why a family
cannot
>function without a minivan or SUV.
>When I get my family, they're piling into my 164.  Mom and dad still have
to enjoy *some*
>things in life even after having little ones.  They (the kids) will just
have to travel
>light, or the compromise would be everyone has to travel lighter.  No, no
toy collection
>in the car.  I'll give my newborn a Rubiks cube to play with.

I think I'm missing something here.  Or I just don't know how is driving a car
in USA.
Here in Italy a car type doesn't mess up with family matters.  Mini vans??
Who wanna
those craps ??? FAmilies can easily go around in normal cars... and a 164 is
even a big touring car, pretty common here, used a a normal car.
Only exception might be STATION WAGON ones, but the station wagon we have
around here (Opel/Chevrolet Astra, AUDI tdi, Mercedes, BWM, Volvo 850) are
just SPORT/TOURING cars with more room to load stuff.  It's common to
see station wagons with alloy rims, lower suspension and so many hp you could
get rich in selling each of 'em for one buck. What's wrong with families ???
I own a 75 (Milano) and it has always been a normal car that can be easily
the family car. Lotsa room to load stuff on the back, 5 persons can easily
sit down inside... where's the problem ??
Explain me what I'm missing here.  On this list I see that newer alfas
are still seen as masterpiece (And I agree) but here 75 or 164 are NORMAL
cars.  Only expeption might be for bigger ones like the Milano 3000V6 or mine,
the Turbo version...

nodoubt,
937 landpilot
"A lifetime isn't enough"