Re: The best gtv

Robert_A_Brady@domain.elided (Robert A Brady) writes:

>Emmo makes a good point about the wiring. I recently had a guy follow me
>home. He was a new owner of a '74 gtv, saw me drive by in my '74 gtv, and
>wanted to talk cars. He previously owned a '69 and a '71 gtv and asked about
>swapping dashes. I told him it was a project not for the faint of heart.
>Later, I was talking to my friend in Houston about doing the swap. He
>reminded me that the earlier dashes didn't have major connectors (can someone
>confirm) and instead relied on single wire connections.... lots of them.

The dash on my ex-1750 GTV (1970, left hand threads, floor mounted pedals,
bumper mounted indicators) has three large connectors.  One is for the
dashboard electrickery, and the other two for the wiper and fan switches.

Cheers
Mat

I got bills, bills, bills and more bills
Bills, bills, bills and more bills
And when you think your bills are through
Uncle Sam is right there waitin' on you....
Willie Dixon