Re: The best gtv

Robert Brady asks, "Has anyone made a nice console to house the hvac
controls and switches for a GTV?  I've seen Juniors (which have a nice,
simple interior).  They mount the hvac controls right below the dash,
horizontally, but I can't remember where the windshield wiper and fan
switches were mounted.  Scott Fisher (or any other Junior owner), can
you answer this question?"

Sure -- the wiper and fan switches are mounted in the (fiberboard) dash,
just above the lower vinyl trim bit and below the smaller gauges in the
center of the dash.  My car has, I think, three -- wipers, heater fan,
and one other which was a no-op when I got the car (had been wired to a
Facet fuel pump by a previous owner; the PO from whom I bought the car
had returned to the Alfa engine-mounted fuel pump and the blank switch
was unwired).  I don't think I've ever learned (or at least, I can no
longer remember) what that third switch was for in the original --
someone suggested it turned off the panel lights, I think, but it's lost
in the deeps of time.

And of course, everyone's missed the real answer to the question of
which GT is best:

It's the one you've got. :-)

- --Scott Fisher