Re: The Best GTV

Personal favorite? My '70 gt junior, with a 2 liter, wild cams with
adjustable chain sprockets, 11.5:1 pistons, webers, lightened flywheel AND
gears, 1600 crank, lsd, huge ATE brakes off a junked Mercedes, veglias, and
a bright, bright, red paint job that i haven't seen again on any other alfa.
Really surprise unsuspecting 911's and the like.
Unfortunately, I destroyed it against a tree back in '84. Giulias have very
strong front ends. Walked away (crying in shame) from an impact that should
have killed me.
Saw it again last year, for a few seconds, as it blasted past me with
horribly misshapen bodywork, going half sideways like those dogs whose rears
get the better of their front legs as they run. Same old delightful Weber
howl, though.
andres,
in santa fe, nm
74 gtv (stock)