re: The Best GTV

I followed Robert Brady's mix and match GTV with some interest having
just restored a 72 (with somewhat ugly dash). Anyone making some of
these swaps should carefully go over wiring diagrams first. Good
wiring diagrams that show all courtesy lights, differences in idiot
lights, etc. I'm still fighting some minor wiring and that's with a
stock 72 harness, 72 dash, and 72 engine and other under hood stuff.
My problems have been somewhat complicated by AC wiring for an AC
which no longer exists. It may rain a lot in Seattle (lately bullets)
but an open window is all the AC we ever need. Anyway back to the
chase, 72 through 74 have three major wiring harness connectors inside
the cockpit (one to the console and two to the instrument panel which
works off a crude circuit board). Going to a 69 dash probably means
not only understanding every wire in each connector but also figuring
out interconnects in the circuit board. Sounds like a lifetime project
to me.

Emmo
72 GTV
76 Spider