Re: alfa-digest V7 #1136

In a message dated 11/03/1999 5:54:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< What octane are folks using in their late-model spiders?  I've been using
93
 but wondering how the engine would run on 89.  >>

The factory calls for 90... 89 sounds close, and if it doesn't knock, don't
knock it.  I would be interested to know what the mavens think about this
question in places (like LA, CA!) where the gas is cut with other components
or otherwise altered.  Ours is oxygenated -- does that make any difference
when considering the octane rating?

Charlie
LA, CA, USA

GTV6 (using 89 octane w/o problems for 6 months, previously always used the
highest octane available)
75 (ditto)
spider (just put in enough 89 grade gas to test drive it and take it in for
refreshed motor mounts)