Re: alfa-digest V7 #1135

In a message dated 11/03/1999 1:24:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Subject: L.A. car event

 Just a reminder and for those that weren't paying attention...

 Best of France and Italy car show and swap meet

 Sunday Nov. 7
 9 AM - 5 PM
 Woodley Park
 in Van Nuys area just north of 405 and 101 fwy. intersection

 $15.00 to display 1st car, Addl. car $10.00, 3rd or more free

 A good show in spite of all the Citroens and Peugeots, last year Jay
 Leno brought a Bugatti Atlantique.  I have it on good authority that the
 complimentary car wash will Not be provided this year.  A strong Alfa
 representation is expected, along with a few Moretti's, Fiats,
 etceterini, Ferrari and hopefully more than one Maserati.  There was a
 Bora shown last year with an engine so clean you could eat off it.  My
 engines look like that on all my vehicles, right up to the point I put
 oil in them.  Hope to see some Maseratisti and Alfisti there!!

 Ian

And, N.B.:

In conjunction with the Best of France and Italy show, AROSC will be holding
its final Concours of the millennium (depending on how you count; at least of
this year) with judging beginning at 10 am.  This event, as Ian notes, brings
outs lots of interesting cars, but Alfas have in all past years turned out in
the biggest numbers with other marques to some merely icing on the cake.
Bring a picnic!

Charlie
AROSC

GTV6