Alfa 145 2.0l Q

>>First, I'd like to know about common problems on this car, engine,
electronic, interior, anything, especially about expensive repairs.<<

A relative has an early 1.7 16V 145 (the boxer engined one).

Problems are not to major. The interior is a bit badly put together, but
this has improved (hers is an early car). I know someone with a 146
2L who has needed 2 gearboxe rebuilds in the first year, but I suspect
that is down to the dealer.

The biggest problem is the front suspension arms. The bushes on these
go after about 40000 miles and then you can say goodbye to the insides
of the front tyres. This is a commen problem that affects ALL Tipo based
cars such as the 145/6, 155, GTV/Spider, 156, etc.

The cam belt change interval is 60000 miles, but they are not really that=

good. Change them at 48000 and they should be fine. I hear that Alfa will=

not cover the cam belts under warrenty when they are getting towards ther=
service interval, but I cannot confirm this. When changed, also replace t=
he
pulley wheels are the same time. These were revised on later cars, but I
cannot remember how to identify the revised pulley wheels (they are a
different colour plastic).

The replacement is due out next year. There are spy photo's on the web
of this car, but I cannot remember any address. Those photo's I have
seen look pig ugly.

Tuning wise, I really don't know. In theory you could fit an Alfa V6 engi=
ne
in there fairly easily using a 155 V6 as a doner.

All the best

Keith