Re: air filter

> From: Alfaboy3L@domain.elided
> Subject: Re:  alfa-digest V7 #1123
[snip]
> the conversion on.  However, this much I do know. The stock airbox is very
> good and unless you can funnel that cool air from under your passeger side
> headlamp scoop directly into the cone filter I am not sure you will gain.
> The engine compartment is just too damn hot!

Hey I have this contraption. I picked up a broken headlight
assembly and cut a hole through it. Put some wire mesh in the
front it and funnel air into a 3" diameter PVC ducting that goes
into the airbox. The stock airbox inlet funnel is still there but
the addition of the second 3" hole, IMHO, does give an increase
in power. Works great at the track. This stuff won't work at
night, for obvious reasons. Unless you live in the land of the
midnight sun. I've also added a heat shield and removed the
rubber lining between the bumper and the grille.

Zamani
'87 Milano Gold 3.0 with K&N flat panel filter