Convertible tops

Hello all,

  I thought that I would add a note to the discussion of "taking care o=
f convertible tops".  This tid bit was given to me by Bill Daemke just =
after I purchased my car 2 years ago and it has really helped me keep t=
he plastic rear window clear and scratch=20
free in my Spider.  Go and buy a large soft beach towel and keep it wit=
h you in the car.  Anytime you chose to lower the top, fold the towel i=
nto a long thin "roll" and place it in the fold that is created in the =
rear window when you lower the top.  The=20
purpose of the towel is to keep the plastic from rubbing against itself=
.  Ideally, the towel is kept clean, soft, and free of dirt or grit.  I=
t also helps to keep the window clean so that when you lower the top yo=
u're not grinding the dirt and grit into=20
the towel.  I also spend a few extra seconds (like 5) making sure the p=
lastic doesn't have any creases or sharp bends in it while I lower the =
top.

I really appreciated receiving this information from Bill.  It has defi=
nitely helped to preserve my convertible top and the helped to keep the=
 rear window clear. =20

Thanks Bill!
Regards,

Eric Schnettler