Milano/75 Transaxle

As I posted a few weeks ago, I need to replace/repair
the transaxle on my 89 Milano/75 Gold with 88k miles.
The inner bearing is definately shot and I am not
comfortable about driving it for that much longer in
this condition.

A couple of ignorant questions.  1) What are the
advantages/disadvantages of a LSD versus non-LSD
transaxle? @) Can I easily swap a LSD transaxle into
the Gold version? 3) Anything I ought to know before
making the transition?  4) Are there any other
difference? Will I feel something different while
driving?

Finally, I may have an opportunity to purchase a
re-built transaxle ex-"Vintage Auto Sports" in El
Segundo California.  Does anyone have any experience
with this shop?  Opinions? Anecdotes?

All help appreciated.

TIA,

John Wright