Need Top Tips for Tip Top Tops

Hey folks.   My 1986 Graduate has arrived after it's moving ordeal.  The top
is truly destroyed, so I'm seeking tips on top replacement.  I know this
should be FAQ territory, but I couldn't access the Spider FAQ.  Anybody done
this recently or have advice?  I bought the International Auto top
installation book for moral support.  If this is well-covered territory and
I just wasn't paying attention, reply privately.

Thanks.

Marc Baldwin
1986 Graduate
1971 GTV named Luigi (just out of police impound and awaiting retrieval in
Maryland)
1967 Duetto named Nina (awaiting resto after Luigi looks his best)