Re: Paint for 59 Spider

In a message dated 10/25/1999 8:41:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:33:22 -0500
>  From: "Albert Jacob" <ajacob@domain.elided>
>  Subject: Digest submission
>
>  Greetings.  I own a 1959 Spider Veloce that very much needs a re-spray...
>  Some automotive archeology (including  a letter to the
>  factory) suggests the car was originally white.  Does anyone have a paint
>  code for this car?  White is pretty easy, so a modern, readily available
>  equivalent that closely approximates the shade would be prefered.

Well, Albert, I have some paint codes. These are for variations on the Spider
in that time frame. Perhaps you can sort through which to select from. This
info comes from earlier posts, so it is as accurate as the folks who posted
it last time.

Farina white       Ditzler code 8331         Pre-1962 1300 spiders
Indian ivory        Ditzler code 81472       1300/1600 and 2000/2600 spiders
Gardenia white   Ditzler code 8382         All models

FWIW

Bob Rice
Tampa
86 Spider Veloce