Re: Ferrari cleared - sort of

In a message dated 10/24/99 1:58:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
ralphmo@domain.elided writes:

<< What is mentioned little by the 'press' is that Mclaren felt that the
 Ferrari might be 'out of spec' at the European GP but 'filed' the info for
 a more "opportune time" i.e when they were soundly beaten by Ferrari.  Then
 Ron Dennis informed Bauer (unofficially).  >>

I heard a slightly different story, that is it was not Dennis, but rather
Adrian Newey that was the informer. I agree with you assessment of McLaren, I
find it more unsporting to "rat" on a competitor rather than being true
"gentlemen" and being up front about their concerns. I believe that there
should be a more comprehensive pre-event inspection, or at least if it got by
qualifying tech it should be allowed. I think everyone would agree the
"Zebras" should not determine the outcome of the game.

John Katos