Re: Ferrari cleared - sort of

Ralph Moorhouse wrote :

> What is mentioned little by the 'press' is that Mclaren felt that the
> Ferrari might be 'out of spec' at the European GP but 'filed' the info for
> a more "opportune time" i.e when they were soundly beaten by Ferrari.  Then
> Ron Dennis informed Bauer (unofficially).  Of course Dennis is now crying
> foul, when it was his misinformed comments that caused the whole
> mess.  Personally, I've lost a lot of respect for Mclaren & Dennis and am
> tired of his whinging!!

Do you have inside information that no one else has? Mclaren have openly
admitted to tipping off the FIA about the Ferraris' discrepency, but
claim they only noticed this after the race at Malaysia.   Mercedes
boss, Norbert Haug, said that if they had known of the rule violation
earlier they would have reported it after qualifying - thus forcing
Ferrari to start at the back of the grid.   Personally, I tend to
believe this, as that would have virtually eliminated Ferrari from the
championship and there would be no opportunity for an appeal.   As for
Dennis and his whinging, Ferrari would probably be doing the same had
the situation been reversed.

Alfa Content : What is the electrical switch at the clutch pedal in a
Alfetta GTV used for (in a similar position to the one on the brake
pedal)?

Joe Chan,
Melbourne, Australia