re: More Spider Window Problems

>>Must be one-a dem VIRUSES goin' 'round, er sumtin'...>>
>>It'd go DOWN ok, but didn't really seem to wanna go up too much.>>
>>So, is it possible my motor's just shot (time to call APE)?  Why might>>
>>it go DOWN ok, and not wanna go up?  Am I missing some detail?  Is there>>
>somethin' I shoulda greased a little more thoroughly?  Is there some>>
>>mystical art to adjusting tension on the cable?>>

Hal talks about his Spider having some sort of window virus.  I think my 90
Spider has the same virus.  My driver's side window operates normally.  The
passenger side window lowers quickly, but when I raise it, about halfway up it
slows down to the point where it appears it will stop.  It keeps going but
just barely.  If I open the door it seems to go up better, but it is still too
slow.  I took the door panel off and looked inside and lubed everything as
well.  I did the same on the driver's side.  I noticed that on the passenger
side window, when the window is in the completely down position, the cable has
a lot of slack in it.  Half way up the cable starts to get really tight (at
the same point where it starts to slow down)  and in the full up position the
cable has a lot of tension in it.  On the other window, the cable tension is
the same thru out the operating cycle.  Therefore, I have concluded that the
cable needs adjusting on the passenger side.  Now, my question is, how do I
adjust the cable tension?  Should I remove everything and rewind the cable on
the motor pulley manually?  I'm afraid if I take it apart I won't be able to
get the cable pack in the correct position.  Any comments?

Thanks,
rob murphy
90 Spider