More Spider Window Problems

Must be one-a dem VIRUSES goin' 'round, er sumtin'...

But sho 'nuff, I'd but finished washin' da grease offa my paws, when I
read that someone else seemed to be havin the ezzact SAME problem I waz
havin' myself.  'N what follows is all about it.

Seems that the power window on the pasenger side of my '86 spider veloce
done give up the ghost.  Thinkin' that perhaps this was on account-a
some kinda 'lectrical gremlin, I went out and traced voltage all the way
to the motor.  And sho 'nuff, the motor is gettin' power.  But it ain't
turnin'.  But then I noticed, if I kinda whacked on the door a bit, the
window would raise (or lower) just a wee bit.  So I lubed up everything
I could: window tracks, cable, pulleys, just 'bout everything I could
see or feel got some grease spread on it.  And then it worked.  Kinda.
It'd go DOWN ok, but didn't really seem to wanna go up too much.  More
whacking got it all the way up.  Then it stopped workin' again, and I
was right about back at square one, 'cept now everything was all covered
with grease and not workin', 'steada just bein' dry and not workin'.

I thought perhaps there might be some issue with the ANGLE of the
window, so I went about loosening and tightening the little things which
attach the window to the cable and tryin' different angles, but that
didn't help.

So, is it possible my motor's just shot (time to call APE)?  Why might
it go DOWN ok, and not wanna go up?  Am I missing some detail?  Is there
somethin' I shoulda greased a little more thoroughly?  Is there some
mystical art to adjusting tension on the cable?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if my Uncle Remus accent made reading this
a chore.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega"
Venice, Ca