GTV6 suspension Q's

Michael, Although its been a while since
I read the EC article, I'm not sure it =

specifically addresses your questions.
Unfortunately no adjustment of ride height
will ever change the spring rate.  That rate
(in lbs force per inch compression) is a property
of the spring geometry no matter how you install
it.

I think the real question you are trying to ask
is "whats a reasonable amount to lower it so
as to have sufficient travel remaining with the
stock spring before bottoming the suspension? =

You are correct that lowering by a full spline
on one end will be quite significant.  It will
be about 2" or more.  You'll find a number =

of opinions on the subject and mine is =

probably more on the conservative end, but I value
my exhaust and oil pan and enjoy driving briskly
everywhere.  With stock torsion bars I think
a reasonable adjustment is about 12 to 14 splines
on BOTH ends of the bar which will give you a =

drop of about 3/4 to 7/8 inch and still leave =

sufficient travel for street driving with =

relatively standard height tires. (I'm partial
to 205/55-15s for street)

Gerry Lehmann
'85 GTV6  Not so stock torsion bars.
'86 GTV6  Original but slightly lowered bars.=