re: '96 Spider to California

Godfrey,
Since I currently live in a no smog check area (soon to change) I was not
aware of the hoops in CA.  However, I think my assertion may still hold as
the regs, in 591.6, state that part of the documentation necessary to import
for "show and display" is a "statement that the vehicle will not be used on
the public roads unless it is in compliance with the regulations of the
Environmental Protection Agency."
The regulations make no mention of an inspection, except for the right to
inspect the odometer on your vehicle at any time, just the need for one to
submit a statement that it meets EPA regs, if you intend to drive it on
public roads (how else would you get to the national convention ?).
I was inquiring as to CA emissions as I think they are the strictest in the
nation ...?

JR