Re: Bob Schwartz 86 spider questions

Bob Schwartz asked:
>As a recent & very happy owner of a 1986 spider grad I have a couple of
>questions that maybe someone has some suggestions
>
>1)  speedometer doesn't work even after I changed cable
>2)  heating fan doesn't work

Both the speedo and the heating fan were on the same circuit on my '86 Spider
(even if that's not what the shop
manual claimed).  They both ran off the #7 fuse (again - not according to
manual).  Reason I know is that the circuit
blew when I plugged my cellphone charger into the cigarette lighter, and lost
speedo, fan, and dash clock until I had a short in
the fan/clock section fixed.  So I would start with a wiring diagram and a
tester.  I can send you a PDF file with the wiring diagram
for #7 that I obtained from another kind alfista on AD.

Carlo Cardilli
'86 Spider Quad