Re: Spider brake questions

    I know that in a Mercedes manual it tells you to use a vacuum to drain
the brake fluid from the booster.  It also says to measure the amount and if
it is above a certain amount of fluid the booster will need to be replaced.
I believe that if the brake fluid comes in contact with the rubber diaphragm
inside the booster it will ruin it.  However, I have no idea how much fluid
an Alfa Spider booster can take before this happens.  You will know because
the booster will begin to leak vacuum and the car will run rough at idle.  At
least this is what happened to me.
Hope this helps,
Ed Gibbs
78 Alfa Spider