'96 Spider to California

Fernand,
I am looking at the revised NHTSA rules and the only regulations the car
would have to meet would be EPA.  Now if we can get one of our Californian
digesters to post the emissions limits of the component compounds of the
exhaust, and if we can get you to find out what these limits are in Germany,
we would be in business; I suspect they are pretty close - I know catalysts
are common on cars driven in Germany.  Of course you still have to write to
the NHTSA and convince them of the historical or technical significance of
the car; but that should be easy.

JR