Re: alfa-digest V7 #973

In a message dated 8/17/99 3:31:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I realize I neglected to say that the car in question that suddenly died
 twice yesterday is the 87 Milano.  Don't you know it ran flawlessly
 today...  >>

Yes, they do that to keep you on your heel-and-toes.

If it's an 87 Milano, make sure to check the coolant temp sender and its
paddle-connector and make sure the cold start device which was supposed to be
disabled in the last decade is still disabled and not shorting out.  Next,
make sure you have clean contacts on the square relay block outboard side and
forward of the passenger's seat which has the relays for the fuel pump.
How's your condenser?  Lastly, I would certainly check (at idle) the ignition
switch itself, perhaps by jiggling the key.  These are easy things even those
basically mechanically inept (like me) can handle and on a wonderful artwork
like an 87 Milano, much of the time the problem is apt to be something simple
and basically peripheral like that.  The basic Alfa 6 is, of course,
bulletproof.

If all these things check out, I would next cast the maloccia toward the AFM
which can be delicate.

Happy hunting!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA