Bucking Spider

Matthew in Chicago writes...
>"for the past month, I noticed a strange behavior in the vehicle. once
>it started (which sometimes took a little nursing), it ran very well until
>it heated up (10 minutes or so), then it'd get extremely weak. it would
>then start lurching like a bucking horse through the gears to a point where
>was lucky if it kept rolling.... usually if I got it up to highway speed,
it
>could maintain the speed.... I would feel extremely relieved each time I
>parked it..  then after it'd cool down, it would run fine again until the
same
>problem occurred. also, I noticed it was only getting 10 miles to the
gallon."

I had a friend who experienced a similar problem.  When he tried to
accelerate the car wouldn't take the gas and would buck violently.  He too
almost couldn't get up to highway speed.  His problem turned out to be the
large black hose form the air filter to the throttle body.  His had actually
cam loose at the large hose clamp on the throttle body.  I would recommend
checking this as well as inspecting the hose for cracks.  Maybe you could
have an easy fix!  Good Luck

Andy Happel
GTV6 3.0
164 L