why I love Alfas

Greetings Alfisti!
    Had to throw my 2 cents in.....
Why I love Alfas....................
1.They offer something totally unique to their owners;I've never owned a car
that had a "palpable" soul.Never owned a car that encouraged you to drive
fast and rewarded you for it.
2.Alfas sound like they "sing" when they approach redline.
3.They are stylish and completely distinctive.You'll never lose your car in a
parking lot, for sure.
4.Alfie (our 87 Milano Gold )was our first major purchase as a couple;it
carried us from the church on our wedding day (at a high rate of speed),and
took us on our honeymoon.(Which was one of the best road trips of my life).We
flipped a coin at every major interstate or road junction,heads for left and
tails for right.We ended up in Ottawa and Montreal Canada in the middle of
March!
    I took my mother in law on the last ride of her too short life in
Alfie;to Walter Reed army hospital.She always loved the car;one time I took
her to Newport News, VA at average speeds of 110plus.She said, can we go back
as fast?"A classy lady;one I deeply miss.Our Alfas have been a part of every
family event of major importance since the beginning.
5.My wife enjoys working on the car as much as I do.She can't drive it (5
speed) but loves to hear the motor at redline.
6.They're tough and simple (relatively) to work on....
7. The seats are the only ones I've ever owned that feel 100% comfortable for
hours on end.Stock milano and alfetta seats are comfortable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8.Never in Alfa Romeo's history were people ever forced against their will to
build the manufacturing facilities,the cars etc.and made to pay with wanton
violence and brutality,or ultimately their lives if they didn't.Several
prominent manufacturers can't make that claim.This is why I drive Alfa.
9.You meet some really interesting Alfisti!
Terry Akins
alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus)