Re: Dreml type grinder

This will probably start another flame war, but FWIW, the Dremel armiture
is extremely weak, and this brand quite pricey for the quality you get,
even in the land of its origin.  The tool is of the general class of 1/8"
die-grinder -- other makes are available (even Sears has sold this type
of device).  You need the grinding burrs anyway -- check what brand is
available there.  Dremel is sold in Hobby Shops here -- check what is
carried there, perhaps of Asian origin.  The serious tool should be
available in industrial supply.

These tools carry a speed/top-speed in the 10 - 20K rpm range; while
versions with flexible shaft do exist, that's asking a lot -- many are so
compact that such a shaft is a questionable benefit.  (I use a non-Dremel
flexible shaft with 1/8" collet and 1/4" drive, chucked into a very small
lathe of Austrian origin when I want to do some serious eroding.  In the
hand for light work, a compact old COSCO single-speed tool.)

r.m.bies