164 hot...

> Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 08:36:56 +0000
> From: Kerry Altiero <miranda@domain.elided>
> Subject: 164 runs hot
>
> I have a 91 164 s w/ 15 k mi total. We were driving on a madness trip in
> 103 degree new england (!) summer heat and my car  ran @ 200 f most of the
> time. We put in a lower thermostadt and , hey this is a new car. Any body
> have remidies for this? Or is this the dreaded "character" issue that I'll
> have to 'splain to "she who must be obeyed" thyanks K

The car has a 185 degree thermostat, and is running 15 degreess over
that in intense temps. no doubt with them a/c on... and you're
complaining?

Why do people think 200 degrees is hot?

I vote to pull gauges out of all cars and install a simple red light.

My advice. Put the original thermostat back in and be impressed that you
have such a good and capable car.

I give up.

AlfaBill