Re: Alfa 164 S rear brake pads

After I made a mess of the first try (posted to the list) I told
everyone how I did it--so did a lot of other digesters--
My way; get some REALLY large channel locks--big enough to go over one
side of the caliper and the piston--apply pressure (without it, you can
screw all day, and nothing will happen) and while squeezing, screw the
caliper in.

luck

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Bruce's Parts Bin ... Bruce wrote:

> I have a 164 CD but of course, the only section that seems to be
> defective is the section on the brakes...I could not get all tech pages
> off the cd....question....it seemed to say the rear piston should be
> pushed in. I am more familiar with Fiats...their rear pistons have to be
> screwed in in the rear due to the emergency brake system. please
> confirm...do 164 S rear caliber pistons need to be pushed or screwed in?
> Thanks.
> BRUCE'S PARTS BIN  ITALIAN AUTO PARTS ON THE INTERNET
> New and Used Fiat Parts...also New Alfa Parts.
> Retail Store: 256 Harding Hwy, Rt 40, Newfield,NJ 08344
> E-Mail: bruces@domain.elided  Phone: 856-358-1555
> Internet: http://www.fiatparts.com

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>