Alfa Romeo Control

Keith Walker wrote about the ARC on a 75 TS:

>On an Alfa 75 TS I borrowed recently the Alfa Control
>panel has freaked. Most of the time it is showing
>warnings for brake fuild, dashboard lights, coolant
>level and washer fluid level, but does not show a
>low oil level warning despite having a known faulty
>sensor. Sometime all the warning lights illuminate,

On a similar note, the 164TS I test drove, had a faulty
temp display.  It showed below 40 degC (after some sprited
driving with the ambient at about 33 degC).

The display test button only tested the lights.  It does
not seem to test the gauges.

Is this the way it's suppposed to be?  A bit worrying,
since such a failure could catch you out!

Cheers
Lawrence