Re: hanger Queens (bad alfa turn-out @ "Le Belle Macchine d'Itali a")

hi, ewe said:
><< It seems that Alfa Owners are very enthusiastic as a group, with strong
>loyalty to the marque and to Italian cars in general. However, when it comes
>to getting out and going to an event their participation is pitiful.
>
>>Case in point the recent Italian car & motorcycle meet "Le Belle Macchine
>d'Italia". It was advertised well in advance in Alfa Owner Magazine. The
>event is larger than most Alfa National Conventions, it gets some of the most
>desirable Alfas in the world, such as a
>1938 8C 2900 Tipo B MM Spyder, 3 Tipo 33 including a TT12, even an Alfa
>Formula 1 car.
>There are hundreds of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis and DeTomasos. Hell
>there were even more Isos  than Alfa Spiders.
>
>The question is why don't Alfa owners come out?>>
>
>This event is the largest 3 day Italian car & motorcycle event in North
>America.
=========================
ya know, i've always had family interference w/this, cuz this weekend is always
when my 'rents show up from az, & i dunno how happy they'd be if i weren't
around.

that said, i *know* that not letting alfa's on the track, except for a measly
"tour", has to be a strong deterrent for many.  i'd yust *love* to take my
fat-tired, shankle-ized, 3.0 s-cammed, kirshtein-ecu-modded, bmw-afm'd gtwe6
bastard out there - hell, i'd even consider swapping out my platinum t/a for the
taller werde t/a yust for the weekend - here's one track where taller gearing
would be worthwhile.  but no-o-o-o-o-o-o-o....  it's not worthy.  so, if i ever
make it up to pocono for this event, it'll be in my de tomaso pantera, which
would not be nearly as capable on the track as my gtwe6, as currently set-up,
and most likely never will be.  but, it's *allowed* to go out on the track...

doug "wanna get my gtwe6 on the banks" s.