re.:cats exhaust and fun

Hi Dave,
I was considering this when I had to replace the front pipe on the exhaust
system, BUT: I'd be worried about melting stuff in the engine compartment
with the heat of the exhaust, nevermind suffocating myself with the fumes.
I'm guessing that if you run without the O2 sensor the computer will keep
trying to enrichen (is that a word?) the mixture.
Sorry to spoil your fun :-)
Chris Keen
'77 spider (what's an oxygen sensor? :-)