re.:cats exhaust and fun

>I'm guessing that if you run without the O2 sensor the computer will keep
>trying to enrichen (is that a word?) the mixture.

Not quite. 02 sensors are generally slow in response time and have
limited measuring range. They generally are used to trim mixtures within
a relatively narrow band of operation. I don't know of any mixture
programs that will just arbitrarily keep enrichening the mixture in the
absence of the O2 sensor input. The mixture might go a couple percentage
points lean or rich depending upon how the sensor input is interpreted by
the software but that's about it.

Godfrey