re: club affiliation (CA Alfa content only)

Jack wrote:
>I think all of the heat and politics have warped your view of the Bay Area.

I think you know I was joking!... I lived on the peninsula for over 10
years... but then I had a warped view before I came down there...

>There's a lot more to it than San Francisco. Here in Livermore we're a
>lot closer to you (geographically and climatically) than The City. It's
>an interesting mix of cowboys, major vintners and nuclear physicists.

Tri-Valley Rules!

>I know it bugs AROC types to see the most densly Alfa populated place in the
>country (a club with nearly 1,000 members in a footprint barely 100 x 50
>miles and we're probably less than half of the Alfa owners)

Doesn't bug me... it's always been that way as long as I have been around
so it seems normal to me.

> forever beyond their grasp,

I have heard some rumblings about getting NATO to help liberate you poor
souls...

>but that's why we believe in peaceful coexistence.

Me too. To me ARA is similar to having a neighbor AROC chapter. You still
speak english down there... you still like the same Alfas... you still
can't get new Alfas there... On to the next discussion...

Michael Williams
VP, DSARC
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto 4cyl.