Plug Wires.

Hi Guys,

    Do plug wires deteriorate with time?  My plugs are stock, on a 13 year old, 182K
miles car. I've noticed that the lead to the coil is a little frayed. I also found
out that my driveline vibration was very sensitive to ignition irregularities. A
month ago being smooth for 2 weeks,  the driveshaft suddenly started to vibrate
again at the 1200-2000 rpm range. Check the wires, that's when I noticed the rather
sorry looking connection to the coil. I shoved the wire back in securely. No more
vibration (until today, knock on wood). The strange thing is, the car's idle was ok
even with the less than good plug wire connection. This would be a good excuse for
me to get a set of Magnecor 8.5mm wires 8-).

Cheers.

Zamani

Milano Gold 3.0