Re: Anti-seize VS Lock tight

Use lock-tight on things like studs into the block. Applications where
there are no lock washers or some other type of deforming washer --
this includes the slightly concave type frequently seen on our smaller
bolts -- may require it but I've seldom had a problem with nuts or
bolts working themselves loose. That is provided I didn't forget to
properly tighten them in the first place.

It is especially vital in applications where steel bolts enter alloy
taps.

Anti-seize is not the teflon-pan of automotive chemicals...it doesn't
seem to impart too much viscosity. It's more like Pam in
cooking...things can still stick but not badly.

- - Eric Hambleton, Clearwater, FL (motto: "Use anti-seize compound!")