Re: WIN $4k AMP ~ Day 24 (cars aren't musical?!?)

hi george & all,

as a music lover, audiophile, AND auto/motorcycle enthusiast, i take offense at
the following:

"...If you want to save your money for a Corvette, you might as
> well invite the 'borgs into your living room for an extended
> bout of metering & measuring. If you want to connect
> emotionally with your beloved music, invest in a
> high-quality playback system and keep the 'borgs at bay."

i can safely say that your comment is EXTREMELY narrow!!!  now, i don't care
much for those plastic fantastic wonders myself, but to equate love of fast cars
with *'borgs* yust shows that *'borgs* must also inhabit the audiophile world,
too.

i've been into audio for ~30 years.  while my system retails for ~$40k, careful
shopping has limited my actual cash outlay for my "high quality playback system"
to *only* about $15k.  ask any of my acquaintances if i'm into music!

i also happen to love other forms of music - like that of my buell s2, my ducati
darmah, my three alfa's w/their sonorous 3.0 litre v6's, & my de tomaso pantera,
w/the engaging voice of its 5.8 litre v8.  i drive ~35k miles a year, 25k of it
commuting.  the car i take most frequently does not even have a radio!  the
pantera has a nice cd-changer, came w/the car when i got it.  i don't know how
it works, never even been turned on!  no, i don't have a portable stereo
w/helmet headfones for my cycles!  you mite find it amusing to know that the
alfa digest has had more posts about opera than any other topic, this week!

so, keep your narrow, neanderthal views of music to yourself...  please?

doug sedon,
into many different types of music