Re: Spider noses

Scott, look at the lower nose panel. There was a model change sometime in
the  80's, I don't know when,  where they modified that panel to allow more
air to get to the radiator. Your '74 should have the lower portion of the
emblem shield screwed to the lower panel with 3 screws. My '79 used to be
this way, until I had the panel replaced due to rust and a nudge from
someone who got too close (pushed the bumper sideways & crushed the corner
- - had to have the whole radiator box rebuilt). The replacement panel is cut
"square" across the front, allowing additional air under the bumper, and
enlarging the opening. The lower half of my emblem now has to hang off the
two support screws provided on the bumper itself. I was told the original
lower panel is unavailable, and this was back in 1990. It does make a
slight difference to the front of the car.