worth of a 164

Hi all -

Soem time ago I had the pleasure (to be sure) of driving a 164.  I forget the
vintage, I believe it was an early one, but it was a standard, no frills,
other than normal for such a car.  It also had just so-so tires with
questionable inflation.  I bring this up because it was so easy to drive as
quickly as I felt comfortable.  The amount of information tranferred back to
the driver was amazing and gratifying.  After the drive, I mentioned that I
felt the tires needed some attention, as the pressures in the front felt to
be different.  Yes, I could really feel what was going on a ground level to
THAT extent.

The one draw back for me is that the 164 is such a large car.  For those who
need the room, great.  I will have to wait for something a bit smaller for an
Alfa sedan.  Are you listening, back in Milan??  I know there may not be
enough others like me to make it profitable here in the US of A, but one has
to have a goal, a dream.  Mine is for the Cross and Serpent to made available
to us on "this side" of the pond.

Enough.

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal
76 Alfetta GT - just the right size, for me, not for 'all of us'