Milano clutch

Hello everyone

My Milano's (88 Verde) clutch has just started to slip in high torque
situations.  I assume that since this is a hydraulic system, there is no
adjustment and it is time to replace.  Is that a valid assumption?  And if
so, do I have to buy the whole clutch/pressure plate assembly?  (this is a
*really* bad time for another $500 on the credit card) Does anyone have any
personal experience with just replacing the friction disk?  What's up with
the balanced assembly thing?  I have replaced clutch disks in at least a
dozen cars of different types and there has never been a balance issue.
What is different with the Milano unit?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Damien