Very aggravating GTV/6 problem

My 3.0 GTV/6 has developed a very annoying problem.  Periodically, the engine
shuts off (as if the key was turned off).  When this happens, the starter
will turn fine, but the car will not restart for 5 - 30 minutes.  I first
thought that this was some sort of loose connection problem, but it only
seems to happen when accelerating hard in the upper RPM ranges (almost as if
this is a fuel starvation issue).  The car has '84 2.5 eloctronics, modified
by John Kirshtien for the three liter.  Trouble shooting has proven
difficult, as the problem corrects itself shortly after occurring.  I have
not even been able to determine whether the problem is fuel or spark.  The
last this happened, I checked for a spark at the coil and found one, but then
the car started, leaving me unsure whether there had been a spark when the
engine stopped or not.  I've tried two different air flow meters (a 3.0 and a
2.5) and had the problem either way.  Someone suggested that the ignition
switch might be at fault, but I don't know why it would only happen at high
RPM.  I have changed the fuel filter and checked/cleaned connections at the
starter relay, the fuel pump, the ECU, etc.  If I drive sedately the problem
never seems to occur, but happens with some regularity when driving
aggressively.

Any ideas?

- -Tarik
'84 GTV/6 3.0 "Christina"