Re: fractured rods

Yes, but I assumed that you would rough-machine the bore, cut it in half,
grind the faces parallel and smooth, fit the bolts, then bore the perfectly
round hole. That's basically what they do to recondition an old rod. They
grind a little off the cap to make the hole smaller, and bore it back out.

Are fractured rods amenable to reconditioning, or are they "disposable"
items?