re.:Spider cooling?

Hi Dave,
I've been running my '77 spider for years without a fan shroud in all kinds
of traffic and have never had a problem with running too hot. The shroud
does aid in cooling, but I would look for some other problem, unless the
setup on the '88 is different ('77 has a belt-driven fan). Do you have AC?
In case you don't know, be wary of anything that makes your car run hot,
because the engine is pretty sensitive to overheating (personal experience).

Good luck
Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA