Re: Bad day

Phil Carr (#707) apparently had an unpleasant
interview with someone at Centerline, and John Katos
(#708) took issue with his "rant." There were also a
couple of other letters expressing satisfaction with
Centerline's service and attitudes, and surprise that
Mr. Carr's experience was otherwise.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Mr. Carr was
obnoxious, sarcastic and unreasonable on the phone,
and the man at Centerline was in fact having a bad
day. I say there's still no excuse. If you're doing
business on the telephone, on the 'net or in person,
you gotta be polite, period. You can treat a million
customers like kings and just one like dirt, and that
one defines you until you make it right with him. I
used to work for a guy whose favorite motto was, "The
customer is not always right, but he is ALWAYS the
customer!" To which I say AY-men.

Okay, so I'm about three paradigm shifts behind as
usual. I'll stay there, thanks.

Will "Cranky Old F**t" Owen
Nashville, TN