Re: "Bang" when shifting 4th to 5th at high rpm

I think the most likely suspects are the tranny support bushing, or the
rubber doughnut (Giubo). A torn doughnut can cause all sorts of nasty
things to happen. The support bushing is less likely to cause something
catastrophic. I don't know of a good shop in your area. If you have it
worked on by a non-Alfa person, tell them that the steel band around the
new doughnut gets removed only AFTER it has been installed in the car.
If it's the tranny support bushing, that gets installed with the large
hole on top. The outer part moves down under the weight of the tranny,
making the middle part centered. When the rubber goes, the tranny sits
all the way down on the crossmember and makes noise.