Re: Transferring diffy and ABS from Platinum Milano

I doubt you'd really gain much satisfaction switching the transaxle unless
your present you has problems such as a bad 2nd gear synchro.   My Verde has
"lost" its limited slip capability but I don't notice that on the road.  The
sound you are talking about going around corners sure is a symptom of a bad
rear wheel bearing.

As for swapping to the ABS system, it ain't that easy; if it were I would
have swapped my ABS for a standard system!   You have to switch out the pedal
and it's entire assembly, for one thing, and I haven't tried that job but
looks like removing the dash would be desirable...There would also be wiring
and computer chips and brake lines that fit differently.  Furthermore, the
ABS system is prone to gremlins and hard to diagnose, especially for us
amateurs.  And remember that a discount price on a new ABS master cylinder is
around $2000 USD!  It does work well when it works....

				Bill  Sims