Ralf's Milano A/c

Ralf, if the compressor is engaging then you are likely devoid of
freon--or R12 or whatever people have decided upon....  Anyhow, if you
are out of freon, your seals might also be shot--and thus the reason for
no freon, or the other way around.  I reckon you couold go to an A/c
enabled establishment and ask them to check for leakage and such, if OK,
have them fill it and you'll have "cool runnings" as I do in my Milano.

Regards,

Adam

PS: I do feel somewhat inadequate since I am unable to approach John H's,
William Safire-like discourse, or the pointedness of Fred, who is
probably safely ensconced in A/C in FL!