Re: GTV6 clutch woes

Dear digesters,
	First I want to say thanks for all the replies re: my clutch and
brake problems. Popular opinion said the plates must be sticking so I
decided to take the car for a drive to try to break it loose. Unfortunately
they are still stuck, but I did manage to break something else trying. I
took a short trip around the side streets near my house with the clutch
pedal held in the entire time. Rev, brake, rev, brake, rev brake... once or
twice it started to slip, but then held again. After 1-2 minutes of this
the slight whirring sound that I thought was due to the throw out bearing
became a continuous loud shreek like the sound of a belt slipping.
	(Here's where I make my majorly stupid decision for the week) Being
just a few blocks from home I decide to continue the drive in the screeming
GTV6. I make it to within 20 feet of my driveway where it promptly stalls.
Engine would not crank with the tranny in or out of gear. Had to tow it the
rest of the way (sigh). So now I have a couple of new symptoms for you
clutch and tranny savvy folks to diagnose if you would:
	1. Car will roll in nutral.
	2. Clutch still does not disengage.
	3. Engine will not crank even when the tranny is in nutral. Battery
is ok, tried two others just to be sure. I can feel the starter kick in,
but it acts like the battery is low and it just isn't strong enough to turn
the engine over.
	My thought is that something in the clutch or transaxle must have
broken and is now stopping the transaxle input shaft from turning. Anyone
ever have something similar happen?

- -Obie, DCO (dreaded current owner)
'83 GTV6
'78 Alfetta GT

P.S.-What size is the nut on the v6 crank, 36mm?