Signing back on, and need advice on Milano heater

Hey Gang,

I'm back for at least the summer! <and there was much rejoicing>  I managed to
survive my first year of boot camp, er, ummmm, I mean business school.  I even
managed to find an internship that will put me back in Ann Arbor, so I can hang
out with the wacky but lovable folks in the Detroit AROC that I abandoned 9
months ago.  Ok, ok, on to the real reason I'm back.... my poor Verde is
suffering from 9 months of neglect.  Here's my first problem.

I can not shut the heat off all the way.  I tried adjusting the valve to close
further, which helped a bit, but it still won't shut all the way.  I talked to
Colin V. a bit, but I think I have a different valve than his.  Mine has a
physical stop on the valve that stops its travel.  I now have it adjusted to
this stop, but I still get heat from the vents.  Is my valve shot?  Are there
more than one type valve?  Does anybody have a quick and dirty fix to block the
heater hoses until I get back to Ann Arbor and a have a good place to work on
it?

Thanks!

P.S.  Anybody out there driving a red Milano Verde down Murray Ave in Pittsburgh
today.  I nearly got whiplash when I passed it!

Ian Lomax
Pittsburgh, PA
88 Milano 3.0, 71 Spiders
M.S.I.A. (MBA) Candidate, Class of 2000
Graduate School of Industrial Administration
Carnegie Mellon University
412.421.2880
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ilomax/index.html