RE: Signing back on, and need advice on Milano heater

Ian,
   I had the same problem when I first got my Milano.  It is a lot easier to
fix than you would think.  In my case, what had happened was that inside of
the heater valve, the actual cylinder that turns to block the passage, had
come loose from the actual valve lever.  I bought a new valve at the local
parts store.  It looks the same as the original, but it's for a Ford.  The
only difference though, is that "open" is closed, and "closed" is open.  It
takes some time to get used to it but it works just fine.  The travel is a
bit shorter too.  The original I think was something like $45, but this one
was only $10.  I did save the part number somewhere just in case someone
else had the same problem.  If you need it (or anybody else), just email me
back and I'll find it for you.  Hope this helps.  Good luck to you.

Nelson Laconich
'87 Milano Gold

<<I can not shut the heat off all the way.  I tried adjusting the valve to
close
further, which helped a bit, but it still won't shut all the way.  I talked
Colin V. a bit, but I think I have a different valve than his.  Mine has a
physical stop on the valve that stops its travel.  I now have it adjusted to
this stop, but I still get heat from the vents.  Is my valve shot?  Are
there
more than one type valve?  Does anybody have a quick and dirty fix to block
the
heater hoses until I get back to Ann Arbor and a have a good place to work
on
it?

Thanks!>>