164 Door Mirror Fitting Question

Hi,
The newly purchased mirror is now fitted to the car and a lot better it looks for that! One problem is that the air
conditioning sensor is hanging down and I cant seem to get it back in anywhere so that I can get the little plastic
cover on.
Also the 164 faq's re door panel removal fail to mention the single small screw inside the ir vent hole which supplies
the door window demister!! Broke that one off good style.   Only took 20 mins to remove the panel as well rather
than the 1hr suggested for first timers.
Kind Regards
Mike
164 3.0L 1992